Saturday, April 4, 2009

SNOKELING IN EILAT!!

Yesterday we woke up bright and early at 5am to leave for Eilat which lies on the very southern tip of Israel. Although it was an optional activity, everyone except two people (they-who-must-not-be-named) came so it made for a way fun day at the beach. After a four-hour drive, we arrived at Coral Beach at around 10:30am to receive vital instruction about not harming the coral reef (“the heart of the ecosystem”) and about not stealing various objects from the natural environment. It was pretty windy when we got there so I had to get warm before I was tempted to even get close to the water. After some time of waiting for the sun to shine, I was all ready to get in the water with my snorkel gear and see life under the Red Sea. Although the clear blue water was pretty dang cold when I first jumped in, I became so fascinated with the various kinds of fish swimming around me and the amazing colorful reef that was floating under me that I was entertained for about an hour and a half. It was so COOL! I then laid out in the sun to get a nice midsummer tan and then did some serious people watching until we had to leave at 3pm. I had a glorious day exploring the water like Nemo and Dori and felt like I was amongst the creatures of the Sea. I'm just grateful it was such a warm day with some fun times laughing and talking with girls that I haven't associated with too much since they are always on a different bus and religion class than me. I can't believe my time is coming to an end soon! With the time I have left, I am doing ALL the activities possible so I can experience the unique and amazing spirit that resides in this Holy Land.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Way fun & unique experience! Glad you went & enjoyed the ocean for a bit! Funny picture with all of you in your snorkle gear!