Tuesday, February 3, 2009

DAY 1 & 2 The Flu + WAY LONG Bus Ride = ZERO Fun

Hello everyone! I made it back from Egypt alive and well HALLELUJAH!!! It was such a crazy trip and I have so many amazing experiences to share so I will take you through my adventure day by day so you and I both don't get overwhelmed and annoyed with all the details I love to share. Be patient with me as I try to portray the exciting and not so fun parts of my week. Beginning with Sunday, we left from the Jerusalem Center at 6:30am sharp with TONS of stops ahead of us and a super long bus ride which was dreadful. Starting out the trip with a cough and headache from coughing so much is not the best combination if you ask me. Also being shoved in a bus with people I just met three weeks before wasn't so pleasant either (do you get my drift?). The first day was a complete blur for me because as the day got longer and longer, I got sicker and sicker. I got the chills which progressed into a 103F fever. By the time we finally got to the Kibbutz where we were staying the night, I had cooled down some and it was nighty night time for me. The next morning I was much better so you can stop feeling sorry for me now. Going back for a second, you might be wondering what the heck a Kibbutz is (or not but I'm going to tell you anyways)! It's a small community of about 500 people who practice a form of communal living based primarily on agriculture. Basically, it is a foreshadowing of the law of consecration. Sharing each other's possessions, income, etc (you get the picture). It is definitely a different way of living so we got a taste of what it will be like in the afterlife. The next morning we had about six more hours of driving to our next hotel and across the Egyptian border which was actually a piece of cake. It only took about an hour for all 86 of us to get through. I love the Egyptians! They are totally chill. We arrived at our hotel at about 7:00pm after my Ipod was completely drained of battery and I was totally sick of being crammed in a bus with no chance whatsoever to fall asleep. We stayed at the Oasis Pyramid Hotel which was about a mile or two away from the Giza Pyramids so it was way cool! I know this is totally crazy but as soon as I found my room, which was practically impossible, I went on a mad search for the gym to get some blood pumping through my body after sitting for way too long. It felt amazing in case anyone cares and was a perfect end to my day which was finished promptly at 9:00pm. I totally sound like a bum but there was nothing I wanted more than to sleep off the rest of my sickness. It totally worked because the next day was the start of our wild adventures and extremely tiring days so I was up and running! Next post...GIZA PYRAMIDS!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby...you're lucky your fever improved so quickly. Glad it didn't wreck your week in Egypt. The body is amazing in it's power to heal itself, isn't it?! Glad you're back safe & sound!