Tuesday, February 3, 2009

DAY 7 & 8 HALLELUJAH This is almost the end!!

If you are just beginning to read my novel about Egypt, it would make much more sense to start from Day 1 (just a hint). OK so this is my last post of my trip once and for all!! Hoorah! After getting my beauty sleep on Saturday, we visited the Mosque of Muhammad Ali. This sacred building is the burial place of the Muslim's most beloved prophet. Next we visited two other churches in Old Cairo that I have no clue what the names were but supposedly Mary and Joseph along with baby Jesus fled to them for refuge. Although I have never actually learned much about Christ's childhood, this theory didn't seem to resonate with me. I had my first Big Mac EVER as part of our sack lunch on the way to Saint Catherine's along the Suez Canal and Red Sea. It's not the best food I've tasted but there was nothing else to eat. The next morning started bright and early with a 2:00am wakeup call to layer on as many clothes as possible for our memorable hike up Mount Sinai. Although I had a life-changing experience, I can honestly say I have NEVER been colder in my entire life!! The only way for all of us to survive was to cuddle up next to the closest people beside us and not move. We looked like a pack of newborn puppies laying in a heap at the pinnacle of this mountain top. After watching the amazing sunrise, we began to walk down the mountain before hypothermia set in. As I strolled down by myself, I began to think about the difficult journey I have had to face in my life thus far and started to thank my Heavenly Father for the strength he has given me each step of the way to overcome every battle with a positive attitude. I know we are tried and tested so that we may more fully appreciate and understand our purpose here on earth and for that I am truly grateful. What a wonderful and absolutely unforgettable week I had and will cherish forever!

1 comment:

Brooke and Aaron said...

Isn't it amazing when you are faced with what seems like an impossible challenge...and then somehow you get through it? Then you look back and marvel at how much the Lord strengthens us and helps us through those trials. I know that Heavenly Father is aware of each of us and that he will be with us every step of the way, as long as we are faithful.