Friday, January 23, 2009

Biblical Zoo

So today I felt like a little kid all over again (not like I never act like that all the time anyways) but seriously, it was such a fun day! A huge group of us took a bus to Central Jerusalem where we got to visit the famous Biblical Zoo in all of Jerusalem. It's not really about the Bible at all except that the Visitor's Center was Noah's Ark (corny I know...) I loved seeing all the different kinds of animals from lions, tigers, and bears, OH MY (sorry I just couldn't help myself) to birds, elephants, zebra, giraffes, monkeys, cheetahs, goats and groundhogs. The weather was absolutely perfect today, not too nasty hot, not too cold, but jusssssssst right. My favorite animals were the chimpanzees and the PENGUINS!! This one little chimp was being so hilarious banging on the window we were peeking in and showing us his cool tricks. I'm not quite sure if he was annoyed with our presence and wanted us to leave or what but I sat mesmerized for a good 20 minutes. I think I was squealing more than the two-year-old girl who was next to me. My top favorite animal by far was obviously the penguins because they have such a mellow life waddling around with their heads bobbing back and forth with every step they take. I get so happy to visit them whenever I can! It's so fun to be a kid every once in a while, try it out. That's how I live every day of my life!

3 comments:

Brooke and Aaron said...

I'm glad that you acknowledge that you act like a child sometimes. Recognition is the first step. :) Just kidding. We love you. I LOVE the zoo too. It's no wonder why my girls love animals so much. It's in the genes. Just for the record though, I like to look at them and visit them but not have them as a pet. A pet is MUCH different than one at the zoo because you can look and leave when you're done. You don't have to take care of them and smell them. Oh, and I love penguins too. You and I really are more alike than I realize even if we don't look like sisters. :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

You silly silly girl. It's been a very LONG time since we went to the zoo together! I can't hardly remember when....glad you got a trip in over there!

Looks like you've been doing a little shopping...new earrings, new sandles, new purse...hmmmmm. Aren't you suppose to be in school?! JK

I thought they said at orientation no purse straps across the body...I'm sure you are finding out lots of things that are ok over there from what we were told. That's probably fun!

It's seriously so funny to see you in the same clothes in all your pictures. I'm not sure you will EVER wear them again once you get home. That's what happens when they only allowed 4 or so outfits to be taken! Oh well...it makes choosing your clothes out in the morning very easy!

Hugs & Kisses!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kee! I've been waiting to say that for days. Great blog here. Hope you're being safe. That's all I worry about you know. No fun, just safe. I'm kidding. By the way, are you getting enough rest and eating nutritously? OK, I'll stop now with that. Hope you have a ginormously great day!
Love,Dad